Thursday, July 21, 2011

Heartburn? Not Suprised.

7/21/11:  9:00 AM
breakfast

I am blaming the Predizone once again.  Davis eats non-stop.  If I am busy and ask him to wait, he gets up and gets food for himself.  I must say it is nice to see him get up and walk around. Davis consumed a turkey sandwich, a corn dog, spaghetti pie, two lunchables, crackers, and over 40 ounces of lemonade all before noon. His eating continues all day long. His every thought revolves around food.  It was no surprise that the Zofran and Pepcid he takes for nausea and acid reflux associated with his chemo couldn't keep up. He had horrible acid reflux - yet another new feeling for this ten-year-old.

snack

Davis and I spent some time looking online at what one should eat and what one shouldn't eat to control acid reflux. Nearly everything he ate over the course of the last couple of days causes reflux. Everything he should eat to control reflux sounds gross to him, so we are trying to find the balance. 

brunch
I have tried to interest him in other things, like legos, to keep his mind off of food.  So far it isn't working.

Overall, I could not ask for a better day. Davis is feeling much better, and he is even back to pestering Annakate.  Although he has developed a complicated routine when taking his medicine, he doesn't fight us anymore. 

an early lunch

Tomorrow will be a big day, and Davis is dreading it. He doesn't want to do the five hour round trip, and I can't say that I blame him. He fears carsickness a bit still. He knows what is coming with the chemo treatment and can't stand to think about being sick all weekend.

dessert?
Please pray that all goes well tomorrow.  And please continue to pray and believe with us for remission and cure in 15 days.  15 days, wow!

Well, we will keep you posted.

3 comments:

  1. Glad he is eating and feeling a little better! We love you guys! Keeping you our thoughts and prayers always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad Davis has an appetite...Gpa and I are praying for all of you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Davis,
    I know what it's like to have an appetite from the Predizone. Had an alergic reaction once to a live christmas tree and had to take two weeks worth of the stuff. I needed splints on my arms to keep me from eating. Steve and I will be praying that you have a good day tomorrow and the 15 days that you have to go. Can't wait to hear the good news.
    Kim Boswell

    ReplyDelete